Monday, March 2, 2009

Runway Envy: An Outfit to Live In

A great way to spend a cold, rainy day is to look ahead to the bright days ahead and the gorgeous Spring clothes that hit fashion magazines this month. A look at the Spring runway shows from last fall reminded me of a feature our beloved Domino magazine used to do: Taking an outfit and turning it into a room. So, in honor of Domino, here is an object of my runway envy:

Chanel: Spring '09
This Designer's Guild sofa is the perfect start to my imaginary atelier


It would not be Chanel without quilted patent leather...

...or Pearls
Glamorous curves from Swank Lighting

Add a Coco-worthy stool

Fringe detail
No couturier's atelier is complete without a dressing area


Finally, don't forget Fifi and your joie de vivre!

4 comments:

  1. Mais bien sûr. Fifi est la cerise sur le gâteau!Great post as always. Please share if you hear ANYTHING about where we can find more Domino. I miss it already and the March issue only just arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post! I really love that black patent ottoman - genius!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, just discovered your blog and stopped by.
    Love it much...
    come to visit me
    love iole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, everything I just saw in this post I said "Oh! I want that!", out loud.

    Love it! Especially the sofa and the gorgeous Chanel outfit.

    ReplyDelete