Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Privileged"

If you haven't caught on to the CW's "Privileged," you are missing a really fun watch! If not for the fab clothes and witty banter (shout out to Marco!), watch it for the incredible Palm Beach digs in which most of the show takes place. Production designer Rachel Kamerman did an incredible job creating the glamorous Baker estate that truly provides a feast for the eyes in every shot. Light and airy it is not, but if rich colors, heavy stone and pure opulence describe your style sense, you will love this mansion.

It turns out Kamerman has posted short guided tours of some of the rooms in the estate on the CW Web site I will have more in the coming days from Rachel and her set design team about how they put the house together and where you can find the furniture and accessories they used. In the meantime here are some pics from the set.

Everywhere you look there are groupings of interesting accessories. Rachel and her team had to do a lot of shopping to fill this set up!


I love this guy. As Rachel mentions in her video tour, set budgets are tight and many items were found at flea markets. Perhaps this was one of those treasures?
The Baker Estate loggia is a perfect example of how to bring the inside outdoors.

Brave choice! Cobalt blue silk drapes in what could otherwise be an imposing dining room seem to bring the fictional azure Palm Beach ocean inside.
The teenage twins, Rose and Sage, shared a bedroom earlier in the season but now they have their own rooms. Sage's room is the off the chain! We will hear from Rachel about how she and her team pulled the look together, but here is a preview.

I love the gilt squares and rectangles hung behind her bed. What an inexpensive way to create the sculptural look.
So simple, yet such high impact. Glam up a desk by affixing screens to each side.

5 comments:

  1. I like the beds in the twins' room. I read that they are from Grace Home Furnishings in LA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty as charged; I have no idea what the story line is on this show, I scan it for the decor! Ideas on creating a modern look with traditional drapery is my current quest. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that caught my eye when I saw the first episode was the lush set design, all those orchids, it's so stunning! I love the kitchen and the twin's old room before the season finale episode, I wonder what they did with the furniture pieces now that they have new rooms for each girl!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, I will see if I can find out what they did with the girls' original furniture.

    ReplyDelete