Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Beginning of a Beautiful Relationship...


It is with butterflies in my stomach that I am taking my first step into the blogosphere today with the introduction of Set Envy. This is my labor of love as I combine my two passions - Hollywood set design and home design. I am an avid design blog reader and I hope to inspire and entertain half as well as my blog heroes.



With a nod to Valentine's Day I thought it would be fun to look at some girly romantic film sets. Renee Zellweger's character in the film Down With Love has the ultimate glam-girl digs designed by Don Diers. Although the film takes place in 1962, you Jonathan Adler fans will notice his signature horse sculpture. There are certain times in life a girl should have a fabulous pink upholstered piece of furniture in her life. I once read that pink can be considered a neutral color and can be mixed with many others. I agree and am scheming already...


How about these for a little girlfriend gossip session?



From a fabulous store in Los Angeles called Room Service, the Down With Love Sofa!



If Elsa Schiaparelli designed a sofa , this shocking pink beauty would be it!

5 comments:

  1. I love the 2 chairs-they are hip, timeless and can mix with a million pieces.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging! Thanks for the link on the sidebar. I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I am envious of the apartment from Down with Love. I also liked the one that Charlie Sheen had from Wall Street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! Very inspiring! Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspired and ready for more! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete